General Assembly of the European Union of Geosciences (Vienna, Austria)
As planned in the DoW, several thematic symposia were organized around the MEDYNA WPs at national and leading international research conferences to disseminate and build on the knowledge. More details of these events can be found below. The European Union of Geoscience General Assembly is the biggest Earth Science meeting in Europe. The Assembly includes special scientific and interdisciplinary events as well as oral and poster sessions on disciplinary and interdisciplinary topics covering the full spectrum of the geosciences and the space and planetary sciences. Furthermore, theme and medal lectures, great debates, short courses, town hall meetings, and splinter meetings complete the overall programme. The following sessions, related to the different WP tasks, were organized by IRSES-MEDYNA participants.
2014 General Assembly of the European Union of Geosciences (Vienna, Austria, 27 April 27 – 2 May 2014)
- Dynamics and Structure of the Mediterranean Alpine Collision and Back-arcs (including the Stephan Mueller Medal lecture by Claudio Faccenna) (co-organized) (Sesion: TS6.5/GMPV4.7) Conveners: Laetitia Le Pourhiet. György Hetényi, and Carlos J. Garrido (CSIC & MEDYNA.
2015 General Assembly of the European Union of Geosciences (Vienna, Austria, 12–17 April 2015)
- Crustal construction processes from the Backarc-Arc to the Forearc and the origin of ophiolites of belts and subduction arcs (co-organized). (Sesion: TS6.5/GMPV4.7) Conveners: Cesar R. Ranero. Carlos J. Garrido (CSIC & MEDYNA), Claudio Faccenna (MEDYNA External Expert), and Philippe Agard.
2016 General Assembly of the European Union of Geosciences (Vienna, Austria, 17–22 April 2016)
- Seismotectonics and Seismic Hazard along the Western part of the Eurasia–Nubia plate boundary (SM6.1/NH4.12/TS4.6). Conveners: Mourad Bezzeghoud (UEVORA & MEDYNA); Abdelilah Tahayt (UMV & MEDYNA), Bento Caldeira (UEVORA & MEDYNA), Mustapha Meghraoui, Assia Harbi (CRAAG & MEDYNA), Ayadi Abdelhakim (CRAAG & MEDYNA), Elisa Buforn and Mohamed El Gabry
- Earthquake ground-motion - Source, site and path effects (SM2.2/NH4.139). Conveners: José Borges (UEVORA & MEDYNA), P. Martin Mai, Donat Fäh , Mourad Bezzeghoud (UEVORA & MEDYNA), Bento Caldeira (UEVORA & MEDYNA) http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2016/session/203984
2018 General Assembly of the European Union of Geosciences (Vienna, Austria, 8–13 April 2018)
- Tectonics and Geodynamics of the Mediterranean (TS7.10/GMPV9.3). Convener: Carlos J. Garrido (CSIC, MEDYNA). Co-Conveners: César R. Ranero, Rob Govers, Julie Tugend, Guillermo Booth-Rea (CSIC, MEDYNA), Armel Menant.